Old and New Project: 2 by Azdak
Jul. 28th, 2026 10:47 pm
Fandoms in this post: The Man from U.N.C.L.E.
It's me, back already. This time I read the collected fic and the new fic by the same author neatly together, meaning I can write them up without delay.
The fic I had collected was:
Divided Halves by Azdak (The Man from U.N.C.L.E.; 15,053 words; gen)
Azdak has written several of my favorite MFU fics. This is their time-travel fic, and it's so good. Hooray! Rather than just being an entertaining sci-fi story, it takes a serious look at the passage of time and the experiences that come with it. The story is full of emotion but is never overwrought, the tone and atmosphere perfect throughout. The dialog is also very good, especially between Illya and Napoleon. There are a couple of points about the time travel that aren't spelled out, but the reader can easily think of plausible explanations, which is more than can be said for a lot of stories of this type, even good ones.
The new fic I read was:
Family Affairs by Azdak (The Man from U.N.C.L.E.; 727 words; gen)
This is a little, humorous fic set after Napoleon has died (though for some reason it's marked "No Archive Warnings Apply"). I liked it okay. It was perfectly well executed, but I guess I wasn't that enthused by the concept.
Comments with spoilers:
Also reads: 0
If you enjoyed this post, please push the heart button or comment!
no subject
Date: 2026-07-29 10:42 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-07-29 10:06 pm (UTC)