tinturtle: (Default)
[personal profile] tinturtle
One of the activities on the first day of Bistocon was a panel during which the leader prompted everyone to draw a portrait of Doyle and/or Bodie from a photo reference. She gave both some pointers and a lot of encouragement. It was a great idea for a panel, and I enjoyed it a lot.

bistocon doyle drawing small.png

I've been doing fan art for about 10 months that involves tracing a photo reference then coloring the resulting linework. I've also been doing some drawing exercises to help improve my skills for that process. I've haven't gotten much beyond trying to make spheres look 3-D, though, so I was pleased with this freehand drawing I made during the panel. Obviously, it could be much better, but I think you can tell it's Doyle.

I've always drawn decently for someone with no training (formal or self-directed), and for a long time I used to think to myself occasionally, "hey, it would be cool to learn to draw so I could make fan art." I seem to be doing that lately, and this panel has pushed me forward by inspiring me to try more freehand drawings.

Profile

tinturtle: (Default)
TinTurtle

September 2026

S M T W T F S
  12 345
6 789101112
13 14 1516171819
20212223242526
27282930   

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 22nd, 2026 03:51 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios